JOIN THE BIOCHEMISTRY DEPARTMENT!
- We offer research intensive Ph.D.s that provide students the opportunity to work closely with their dissertation advisor on novel and important biological problems at the molecular level.
- Choose from more than 135 labs in 14 departments.
- Small research groups of students and postdocs foster an environment of interaction and collaboration
- Faculty teach courses on a wide variety of topics including: chemistry and biology of proteins, nucleic acids, and membranes; biological regulatory mechanisms; mechanistic aspects of enzyme action; macromolecule structure prediction; bioinformatics and genomics; and genetic and molecular aspects of cellular and developmental biology.
- Students gain professional experience through research proposals, participation in the department's seminar club, department retreats and international meetings, and internships in industry and government.
- We provide a host of students services, seminars and events, and a career development program.
- Our faculty and students are affiliated with postgraduate programs including Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Biophysics, Biomedical informatics, and Biostatistics Ph.D. programs.
- Students of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply to their closest fit program.
- Integrate basic research with your medical training in the M.D./Ph.D. program.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications will become available in September at Graduate Admissions.
- Information on how to apply and the application deadline can be found on the Biosciences website.
- The Biochemistry Department offers only Ph.D. degrees. No undergraduate degrees are offered.
- Contact Joella Mesa for questions on Biochemistry Department admission.
Stanford Biochemistry Department | Copyright 2014 | All Rights Reserved